Change the old beliefs of holding your child in your arms while driving and let’s choose the right kind of car seat for your child!
In the previous episode of What’s New, JOY introduced ways to rearrange the house to be child-friendly, today, we will be talking about how to keep your child safe while traveling.
Many believe that holding one’s child in their arms or on their lap is the safest place that the child can be inside a car, however in reality, if you hit the brakes suddenly, the impact of a possible collision is 4 times higher than normal. Moreover, children under the age of nine are unable to use safety belts because the car is designed for those who are at least 145 cm tall and weight at least 36 kg. Therefore, children face more risks more in car accidents than adults.
- Buy one that is easy to buckle and unbuckle even your hands are full
- Choose a five-point harness car seat that fits inside your car and that it can be securely buckled up.
- Opt for a rear-facing car seat with extended height and weight limit so you can use it as long as possible
- Keep in mind that if you would like to buy an infant-only seat, buying a car seat for toddlers between the ages of 2-5 is necessary when your child reaches such age.
- The comfort of your child is an important aspect, therefore, you should choose a car seat with enough space for when your child wears thick clothing or a blanket.
Now that we have discussed the importance and the various types of car seats, JOY hopes that you are more confident in choosing the right kind of car seats for your child. Don’t forget to check and strap the seat belt over your child every time before going for a drive!
::::: See More Ideas :::::