Hunger is inevitable. But then, Summer is approaching and you still have to achieve your summer body. Don’t worry.
Let JOY help you find food substitutes that not only won’t let you feel guilty when eating them, and are delicious as well.
- Change the pasta full of carbs into a flourless one like Zucchini Pasta, a type of vegetable with low calories, zero fat, and is full of vitamins like calcium, magnesium, manganese, and omega3. Zucchini also helps in lowering the levels of cholesterol as well.
- Healthy French Fries do exist! Just switch the main ingredient from potatoes to sweet potatoes and although the calorie levels are similar, sweet potatoes contain anti-oxidants and high levels of Vitamin A. Opting for roasted instead of fried will decrease the levels of sodium and calories.
- Avocadoes are not only just full of vitamins and minerals, but they also have fatty acids that help decrease cholesterol levels and has low levels of sodium, great the heart and for dieting. 100 grams of avocadoes contains a mere 14.66 grams of fat while butter has up to 81 grams of fat.
- Good-bye mashed potatoes, hello mashed cauliflower! Change the main ingredient from potatoes into cauliflowers and you will get a more low-carb version of mashed potatoes that tastes and looks almost like it. Delicious and healthy, mashed cauliflowers can be second to none.
- Although fruit juices may have natural electrolytes that freshen you up, they do contain high amounts of sugar and calories. Try changing to coconut juice! They are packed with benefits, containing high levels of electrolytes as well as low levels of carbs and sugar. But be careful not to eat its flesh!
- Frozen banana ice-cream is the new ice-cream. Just get a ripe banana, freeze it, and then blend until you get a smooth texture. Powdering your frozen banana ice-cream with cocoa powder is optional, but even without it, you will definitely fall in love with this recipe.
- Besides the difference of a few vowels, what separates the two is that Cacao powder is made by un-roasted cacao beans being cold-pressed but cocoa powder is high-temperature roasted cacao beans. Unlike the hot process, the cold process keeps the living enzymes and antibiotics, while removing fat. This helps in maintaining great skin quality, nourishes your heart, decrease weight, controls blood pressure, and makes you happy
- The heat used when cooking actually matters when you are choosing which type of oil to use, for example, extra virgin olive oil suits with making salads while light olive oil and lard can be used to fry food. Also, oils made from soybeans, sunflower seeds, and corn are great for stir-frying.
- Unlike refined sugar, coconut palm sugar and honey goes through a more organic production process. They have anti-oxidants, vitamins, and minerals. They also have fewer side-effects to your metabolic system and less sugar than refined sugar, however, you should only eat an appropriate amount.
- Although cow milk contains the most nutrients among milk types, there are also side-effects to those who are lactose intolerant. To maintain weight and still eat food that contains protein and calcium, try drinking low sugar almond milk or soy milk that gives you about 30-35 calories per glass. >> CHANGE FOR THE BETTER